If this is your first time heading to Disney World, and you’re looking for the best family resorts near Disney World, I would advise you to stay on-site. Staying at one of these top-rated resorts offers an unparalleled experience, with access to exceptional amenities tailored for families. A top benefit is the use of the Disney transportation system that connects you seamlessly to all parts of Disney World, including the hard-to-park-at Disney Boardwalk.
It’s the perfect option for family fun without the hassles of navigation or parking fees at the four major Theme Parks – Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, & Epcot. Choosing the best family resorts near Disney World ensures convenience, luxury, and a magical experience for the entire family.
Keep in mind that some links are paid affiliate links. When you buy through these links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Any opinions expressed are not impacted by this.
For larger families, options can be limited on-site or very expensive, even at the best family resorts near Disney World. If you have planned more of a Disney (lite) vacation, you may enjoy opting for one of the best family resorts or a private pool home in the area. Orlando is one of the few places where you can find hundreds of pool home rentals that suit 6 – 20 people easily. These accommodations, known as some of the best family resorts, provide spacious living, private pools, and other family-friendly amenities, making them a popular choice for those seeking comfort and value.
Best Disney Resorts for a Family of 5
From Family Suites to Country Cabins to Deluxe Villas, these options are ideal for parties of 5 or more Guests—and feature:
- Separate bedrooms or sleeping areas that offer space and privacy – making it easy to rest after each exhilarating vacation day
- A kitchenette or fully equipped kitchen, so you can prepare snacks and light meals during your stay
- A living area and dining area where your family can share quality time together
Family Suites at Disney World
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort features Family Suites that are whimsically themed—and roomy enough for 6 Guests. Each Family Suite features:
- Separate sleeping areas
- 2 bathrooms
- A kitchenette
Stay at The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, where you’ll enjoy the comforts of home amid the great outdoors! Each Country Cabin features:
- A fully equipped kitchen
- Sleeping space for up to 6 Guests
- A living and dining area
- A private patio with barbecue grill and picnic table
Deluxe Villas and Deluxe Studios
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts feature spacious 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas—as well as Cabins and Bungalows at select Resorts. These spacious accommodations offer a variety of just-like-home features, including:
- A fully equipped kitchen
- Separate bedrooms
- A spacious living area
- A washer and dryer
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House & Kidani Village)
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Villas
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
Day Trip to Ocala
The Best Family Resorts Outside of Disney World
Focusing in the Kissimmee area west of Disney World, you’ll find easy access to highways and all of your favorite fast food/dining options. The area continues to develop with new additions of resort communities, shopping, and dining.
The Grove Resort & Water Park Orlando
#74 of 385 Hotels in Orlando
14501 Grove Resort Ave, Orlando, FL 34787-9475
The Grove Resort is a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel which means an approved hotel partner that offers value, convenience, and quality. Enjoy spacious 1, 2, or 3 BR suites.
- Surfari Water Park with Flowrider
- Children’s Activity Center
- Glow-in-the-Dark Mini Golf
An end of summer stay in a 3BR/3Bath Suite could from 8/20 – 8/27 could start at $262/night.
Margaritaville Resort Orlando
#7 of 161 Hotels in Kissimmee
8000 Fins Up Cir, Kissimmee, FL 34747-0018
At the Margaritaville Resort Orlando, you have plenty of choices from upscale hotel accommodations with balconies on every room to private cottages just like home.
- Lagoon Pools
- H2O Water Park
An end of summer stay in a 3BR cottage could from 8/20 – 8/27 could start at $324/night.
Magic Village Yards, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
#11 of 161 Hotels in Kissimmee
3151 Pantanal Ln, Kissimmee, FL 34747-2121
Magic Village Yards is a concierge style community has 180 homes with 3 – 4 bedroom suites for up to 8 people. It’s practically in Disney’s Animal Kingdom backyard and feels like a secret hideaway off the beaten path of resorts near Disney World. (Litlle secret – most of us that live near, just say “Disney”)
The suite is townhouse style and beautifully appointed. The lake view may not be a great focus but having an outdoor space to relax in after a day out at the parks is refreshing. You could even just have a family cookout day.
An end of summer stay from 8/20 – 8/27 could start at $162/night.
Villa Four Bedrooms is 2164 square feet and includes either a king-size bed 150-183 width, a king-size bed 150-183 width, 2 single beds 90-130 width, or 2 single beds 90-130 width plus desk and is Wheelchair-accessible with a Disability-friendly bathroom.
- Swimming Pool – Outdoor
- BBQ Grills
- Fitness Center
- Hot Tub or Spa
- Wheelchair Access
Tips to Avoid Scams on Pool Home Rentals in Orlando: Having rented several of these in the area, I can tell you there are many to choose from, and it can be a very hard choice. You also want to avoid possible rental scams and be sure that you are dealing with reputable owners or managers. Here are some tips:
- Check Reviews: Look for properties with plenty of positive reviews on trusted sites. Reviews give insight into others’ experiences.
- Verify Ownership: If possible, verify the owner’s information through public records or ask for references.
- Read the Fine Print: Understand the rental agreement, including the cancellation policy and any hidden fees.
- Use Secure Payment Methods: Avoid wiring money or using cash; instead, opt for secure payment methods like credit cards or recognized online payment platforms.
- Communicate Through Official Channels: Stick to communication through the platform you booked on rather than personal email or phone.
- Inspect Upon Arrival: If something doesn’t seem right, document it with pictures and contact the rental platform immediately.
I’ve enjoyed all the rentals but had a negative experience with one in a very popular community; the house was beautiful but not very clean. In fact, it wasn’t clean at all. I had to mop the floors because they were filthy. The owner never returned my calls, so I knew I wouldn’t get my money back and had to make the best of it. The linens were clean, and the most visible surfaces had been wiped down, but there was no attention to detail, and little things were found throughout the home, including dirty cups and garbage.
By following these tips and being vigilant, you can find the best family resorts or private pool homes that suit your needs without falling victim to scams or unsatisfactory conditions. Orlando’s vacation rental market offers a wealth of options; doing your homework ensures a more enjoyable stay.
My Spotlight Vacation Rental Resort Communities
- Offers 2BR condos to 6BR Villas
- Secured gated entrance – receive a visitor’s pass at check-in
- Clubhouse with Olympic size pool, toddler pool, and splash pad
- Family Arcade
- 5,600 Square Foot Clubhouse
- Pool Side Lounge with outdoor fireplace
- Pool with beach entry (heated Dec-Apr), Pool Water Slide
- Lazy River open daily 10:30am – 5pm
- Poolside Cabanas
- 3 Signature Golf Courses
- 6 Restaurants & Bars
- Reunion Resort Water Park
- 10 Community Pools
- Fitness Center, Tennis Centre & Courts
- Transportation to Walt Disney World®
While your parking may be free with these alternatives, other things to consider for your bottom line are the resort fees, taxes, cleaning fees, and security deposits. Read the details carefully when considering your vacation home away from home alternatives.