Check out daily kids eat free specials on the Events Calendar at My Central Florida Family. Some venues that offer Kids Eat Free Nights: Macaroni Grille, Manny’s Chophouse, Castaway’s Sports Bar, Denny’s, Firehouse Subs, & Texas Roadhouse.
Keep in mind that some links are paid affiliate links. When you buy through these links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Any opinions expressed are not impacted by this.
A good stop near the museums for a fresh smoothie or acai bowl is SOHO Juice Co.
5 Orlando Family Resorts
Here’s 5 of my favorite places to sleep in Orlando for a wide range of budgets. I like them because of their resort like amenities, clean spaces, and suitability for larger families on the go. The links will take you to Tripadvisor reviews for all except one because there’s no need to just take my word for it.
Beautiful zero depth entry pool, spacious rooms, located in downtown Celebration with easy access to Disney World, I-4, and quick eats.
Another beautiful pool, close to Sea World, walk to Bonefish Grill, nice evening reception and breakfast with Mickey waffles!
Another larger suite room that can hold up to 6, nice pool and resort grounds, and you can even walk over to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
Amazing pool, Disney World fireworks views, and superior staff!
They even surprised me with Anniversary treats when we stayed. I love indulging in a luxurious stay-cation here whenever I have a chance.
There are many great options for accommodations in Orlando so choosing one can be very hard, especially with all of the resort home rental communities. I’ve rented from several on extended stays of 3 – 14 days and one stood out the most. The hardest thing about those communities though is consistent representation which is why there really aren’t many TripAdvisor reviews, there are many owners and managers that represent the homes available. When it comes to these types of rentals, my best advice is read the contracts, pay attention to the rules, try to find any reviews for the one you’ve found, and purchase through a 3rd party that can help ensure your purchase is safe like VRBO or HomeAway. But if you happen to come across one in Solterra Resort on VRBO, I think you will be pretty happy with it. We stayed in this community for 3 weeks and loved it!
Family Things to do in Orlando
Visit Leu Gardens to open your imagination and enter the world of the Enchanted Fairy Doors, which is on display annually during the summer until late September usually. Admission is $15 adults, $10 ages 4 – 17, free for 3 and under. Upcoming FREE admission days
- June 6, 2022
- July 4, 2022
- August 1, 2022
- September 5, 2022
And if you are a visiting member of the American Horticultural Society, you can enjoy FREE admission and library privileges.
Catch a movie for less (or FREE)
Get wet at Splash Pads
- Dr. P. Philips Community Park 8249 Buenavista Woods Blvd, Orlando, FL 32836
- Downey Park 10107 Flowers Ave, Orlando, FL 32825
- Champions Splash Park in Clermont $2 330 3rd St, Clermont, FL 34711
- Bob Mackinson Acquatic Center $5 2204 Denn John Ln, Kissimmee, FL 34744
Visit Orlando Museums
Seniors (60+): $4
Students with valid ID: $1
Children ages 6-17: $1
Children under age 6: FREE
Active, retired military, veterans and their families with valid ID: FREE
- The Orange County Regional History Center – On the Third Thursday of each month, free admission from 6 to 8 p.m.
Seniors (55+) $7
Students & Military $7* (with valid I.D.)
Children (Ages 5-12) $6
Children (Ages 4 and under) Free
Orange County Employees Free
Florida Educators Free
(all levels of education, including colleges and universities)
Museums for All Ticket Free
AAA/CAA Members 15% off regular admission
OCLS Library Cardholders $2 off regular admission
Wells’Built Combo Ticket $10
- Free Weekends through Museums on Us from Bank of America (Orange County Regional History Center, Menello Museum, Orlando Science Center, and Orlando Museum of Art)
- The Morse Museum –
$5 Seniors age 60 and older
$1 Students (with valid ID)
Free for children younger than 12
Free Fridays from 4 p.m.–8 p.m., November through April
Seniors (60+) $10
College students with ID $10
Students (K-12) $7
Members and children 4 and under are free
Outdoor Things to do in Orlando
- Rent a bike and do a tour of Orlando’s significant trees- many choices from $9 hr
- Libraries – Orange County Library System Events– FREE
- Orange County Trails (walk, hike, bike)
- Seasonal Children’s Series at Orlando Shakes Theater for as little as $12 per person for general admission.
- Visit ICON Orlando Park to pose with Aquaman at Madame Tussaud’s, get stared at by the marine life at Orlando’s Sea Life Aquarium, check out the Skeleton’s Musuem, ride The Wheel, or just have a bite to eat on the lawn from the ample supply of food choices.