No products in the cart.
Just a Reminder…
You’ll find a lot of links to various resources on this site, some of these links are affiliate links that pay me a commission at no extra cost to you. If you make a purchase through these companies, this supports the photos and tips that are provided to inspire you in your own travels.
Check out daily kids eat free specials on the Events Calendar at My Central Florida Family. Some venues that offer Kids Eat Free Nights: Macaroni Grille, Manny’s Chophouse, Castaway’s Sports Bar, Denny’s, Firehouse Subs, & Texas Roadhouse.
A good stop near the museums for a fresh smoothie or acai bowl is SOHO Juice Co.
Here’s 5 of my favorite places to sleep in Orlando for a wide range of budgets. I like them because of their resort like amenities, clean spaces, and suitability for larger families on the go. The links will take you to Tripadvisor reviews for all except one because there’s no need to just take my word for it.
Beautiful zero depth entry pool, spacious rooms, located in downtown Celebration with easy access to Disney World, I-4, and quick eats.
Another beautiful pool, close to Sea World, walk to Bonefish Grill, nice evening reception and breakfast with Mickey waffles!
Another larger suite room that can hold up to 6, nice pool and resort grounds, and you can even walk over to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
Amazing pool, Disney World fireworks views, and superior staff!
They even surprised me with Anniversary treats when we stayed. I love indulging in a luxurious stay-cation here whenever I have a chance.
There are many great options for accommodations in Orlando so choosing one can be very hard, especially with all of the resort home rental communities. I’ve rented from several on extended stays of 3 – 14 days and one stood out the most. The hardest thing about those communities though is consistent representation which is why there really aren’t many TripAdvisor reviews, there are many owners and managers that represent the homes available. When it comes to these types of rentals, my best advice is read the contracts, pay attention to the rules, try to find any reviews for the one you’ve found, and purchase through a 3rd party that can help ensure your purchase is safe like VRBO or HomeAway. But if you happen to come across one in Solterra, I think you will be pretty happy with it. We stayed in this community for 3 weeks and loved it!
Visit Leu Gardens to open your imagination and enter the world of the Enchanted Fairy Doors, which is on display until Sept. 30, 2019. Admission is $10 adults, $5 ages 4 – 17, free for 3 and under. Upcoming FREE admission days
- July 1, 2019
- August 5, 2019
- September 2, 2019
And if you are a visiting member of the American Horticultural Society, you can enjoy FREE admission and library privileges.
Catch a movie for less (or FREE)
Get wet at Splash Pads
- Winter Park (2 free, 4 with a small fee)
- Dr. P. Philips Community Park $1
- Downey Park $1
- Champions Splash Park in Clermont $2
- Bob Mackinson Acquatic Center $5
Visit Orlando’s Museums
- Menello Museum – FREE on Second Sundays
- The Orange County Regional History Center – FREE Mondays through August 5, 2019;
- Every 3rd Thursday FREE from 6pm to 9pm
- Free Weekends through Museums on Us from Bank of America (Orange County Regional History Center, Menello Museum, Orlando Science Center, and Orlando Museum of Art)
- The Morse Museum – $5 for adults, $1 for students, FREE under 12
- Albin Polasek Museum – $10 adults, $3 Students K-12, FREE under 4
- The Wells Built Museum of African American History – $5 adults, $3 students
Sculptures in the Park
Museum Of Art
More Ideas for Fun in Orlando
- Rent a bike and do a tour of Orlando’s significant trees- $8 hr
- Libraries – Orange County Library System Events– FREE
- Orange County Trails (walk, hike, bike)
- See Snow White through July 28, 2019 at Orlando Shakes Theater for as little as $10 per person general admission.
- Visit ICON Orlando Park to pose with Aquaman at Madame Tussaud’s, get stared at by the marine life at Orlando’s Sea Life Aquarium, check out the Skeleton’s Musuem, ride The Wheel, or just have a bite to eat on the lawn from the ample supply of food choices.
Looking at You
Just a reminder that the link for hotels below is an affiliate link that pays me a commission at no cost to you, if you make a booking.
Thanks for your support, please contact me if you would like further help directly with your travel plans.