If you’d like to awesome up your holiday, one of the best places to head for some jingle bell rockin’ good times is the Universal Orlando Resort for Christmas. There’s festivities in both parks with holiday themed entertainment, food and fun everywhere.
There’s also a ton of ways to experience it for every budget. These seasonal events run from November 13, 2021 to January 2, 2022. For the best Universal Studios experience with the least crowds try to go before Thanksgiving or in early December.
Ready to fa-la-la-la-la Universal Studios style? Here are our top ways to have a spectacular holiday experience.
Remember that some links are compensated affiliate links. We might receive a commission if you make a purchase after clicking one of these links on our website.
This has no bearing on any opinions expressed.
Universal Studios Orlando Christmas Holiday Tour
This exclusive guided tour gets you up close and personal with Mr. Mean & Green. Who could say no to hot cocoa with Mr. Grinch?
See the Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle in an after-hours showing.
Experience the Macy’s Holiday Parade from the reserved viewing area as hundreds of performers put on a street show accompanied by more than 30 epic Holiday balloons and floats.
Watch the “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular” from your reserved seating area followed by an exclusive on-stage Q & A session with the Who’s of Whoville.
Get one digital download from your meet & greet with Santa
Take your Universal Holiday Tree Hunt brochure to aid you in your quest to find 15 holiday trees throughout the park.
The Holiday Tour ticket is not private and must be pre-scheduled online and does not include regular theme park admission (you must have a regular ticket for both parks or a pass paid for separately). Check-in is at 5PM. Pricing starts from $74.54 per person.
Be on the lookout for some of the brightest and best treats such as:
- Gingerbread cake doughnut or a marble cake wreath at VooDoo Doughnuts.
- A Grinch-themed hot chocolate bomb (filled with marshmallows and red-candied hearts) at Hop on Pop Ice Cream Shop (Islands of Adventure).
- A colorful vegan brownie can be found in San Francisco (Universal Studios Florida) or the Croissant Moon Bakery (Islands of Adventure).
- Hot Butterbeer – available all year long in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Nutella Cheesecake Reindeer Pop – Topped with candied hazelnuts and found at the Croissant Moon Bakery (Islands of Adventure).
Holiday Tribute Store
You can purchase a Holiday Tree Hunt brochure and collect an exclusive Holiday Tree Hunt ornament; shop for great holiday gifts, find seasonal treats, or get ornaments for your version of Universal Studios at home Christmas decorating.
Psst… You can shop online too. Oh my Hogwarts! Did you know you could get Gryffindor™ Ribbon Garland? (and the other 3 also!)
Listen to Live Holiday Tunes
Mannheim Steamroller will be performing live at the Music Plaza Stage on December 4, 5, 11, & 12 2021.
Stay at Universal Orlando Resort
Eight hotels offer you a great holiday experience at the resort meeting every family size and budget. Each one is festively decorated with special activities and events that include tree and menorah lightings, as well as, crafts for the kids.
Get these exclusive benefits with your stay:
EARLY PARK ADMISSION2 to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay up to one hour before the parks open (valid theme park admission required. Select attractions.).
- COMPLIMENTARY MERCHANDISE DELIVERY to your hotel from shops across Universal.
- FREE WATER TAXIS & SHUTTLES so it’s always a quick hop between your hotel and the parks.
- RESORT-WIDE CHARGING PRIVILEGES with your room key
- UNIVERSAL ORLANDO CHARACTER APPEARANCES with some of your favorite theme park characters
- START YOUR DAY WITH A WAKE-UP CALL from one of your favorite Universal Orlando characters
If you upgrade to Loews Portifino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel® or Loews Royal Pacific Resort, you’ll enjoy additional exclusive benefits:
- FREE4 Universal Express Unlimited™ ride access to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions at Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™. That’s a value of $129.995 per person, per day. Valid theme park admission required. Not valid at Universal’s Volcano Bay™.
- PRIORITY SEATING AT SELECT RESTAURANTS throughout Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and CityWalk™
Tip: Another great reason to stay at the resort is to avoid the need for parking at Universal Studios. Parking fees start at $27 for regular parking and can be as high as $50 for prime parking. (If you have a rental from Avis or Budget Orlando International Airport, you may receive a complimentary upgrade from regular parking to prime.)
Download The Official Universal Orlando Resort App for free before you arrive.
Get wait times, interactive maps, contact-free features and more. With the app you not only have access to wait times throughout the park but you can also place mobile food and drink orders and experience the virtual line on select attractions. No more waiting!
Specials for Florida Residents
Florida Residents, buy a day, get a 2nd day free on a 2-Park 1-Day Park-to-Park Ticket. Visit now through February 4, 2022, blockout dates apply. Plus, add a day at Volcano Bay for even more thrills. Offer ends December 16, 2021. Offer not valid at the front gate. Tickets may be used on non-consecutive days.
Florida Resident 2nd Day Free Park-to-Park Promo Ticket Dated
$174.66 to $213.00
$169.34 to $207.68
|Florida Resident 2nd Day Free Park-to-Park PLUS 1-Day Volcano Bay Promo Ticket Dated||Range:|
$201.29 to $239.63
$195.96 to $234.30
Make it the Ultimate Vacation with Harry Potter Exclusives
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ Exclusive Vacation Package includes hotel accommodations, park admission to both parks but also all of this:
- Early entry to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay up to one hour before the park opens.
- Special Themed Keepsake Box with items to get you started on your adventure, including:
- Welcome Letter
- Travel Planning Guide
- Luggage Tags – one per person
- Hogwarts™ Railways Lanyard – one per person
3. Breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron™ in Universal Studios Florida – one per person
4. Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks™ in Universal’s Islands of Adventure – one per person
5. One (1) Shutterbutton’s™ Photography Studio8 session in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Diagon Alley™ that includes one commemorative DVD photo album and one exclusive designed 8” x 10” photo print
This package starts from $115* per person, per night, based on a family of four, limited availability for Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites or Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. Pricing increases with additional hotels available, inquire here for customized quotes.
Even Florida residents can get in on the fun with a minimum 2 Night Stay and Exclusive Package pricing.
Skip the Regular Lines with Universal Express™ Pass
You can skip the lines at many of the favorite rides and attractions with the pass but only one time per ride unless you get the umlimited pass. Both passes can be purchased for 1 park or 2.
Example pricing: the 2-Park Park-to-Park + Universal Express Unlimited™ Ticket starts from $266.24 per adult (Age 10+) and $260.91 per child (Age 3 – 9).
Make great memories with a fun-filled Holiday vacation for the family at Universal Studios Orlando. There’s plenty of options to customize it and enjoy it, no matter the budget or adventure styles. Plus some of the best treats and family favorite characters to be seen and seen with.