Planning a trip to Disney World is always a thrilling adventure, and choosing from the plethora of hotels near Disney World can truly enhance your vacation experience. Staying close to the magic means you need a hotel that’s not only conveniently located but also comfortable and family-friendly. The vast selection of options can indeed be overwhelming, especially when you want nothing but the best for your loved ones. We know the feeling, having been in that position ourselves, and that’s why we’re here to guide you to the perfect stay near Disney World!
If this is your first visit to Disney World, there’s almost no place like it in the world with such amazing choices, and checking on Google Maps just doesn’t even get close to helping you picture what the area is really like. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top hotels near Disney World that will provide you with the ultimate vacation experience.
From luxury resorts to budget-friendly options, we’re giving you our local mom approved list! So, get ready to pack your bags, put on your Mickey ears, and let’s explore the best hotels near Disney World that are sure to make your trip unforgettable.
Why stay near Disney World?
If you do not stay on Disney World property, the next best thing is to stay as close as possible.
Disney World is a magical place that offers endless entertainment and excitement for people of all ages. You’ll want to enjoy the thrilling rides and attractions, delicious food and stunning shows as much as you can. Staying near Disney World has several benefits that can make your vacation experience so much better and save you money at the same time.
- You’ll be able to spend more time in the parks and less time traveling. When you stay at a hotel near Disney World, you can easily take a short shuttle ride to the parks, which means you can maximize your time in the parks and avoid spending time stuck in traffic but you also save on parking fees.
- You’ll be able to fully immerse yourself in the Disney experience. Many hotels near Disney World offer themed rooms, character meet-and-greets, and other Disney-inspired amenities that can make your vacation even more magical.
- Staying near Disney World gives you access to a variety of dining and entertainment options. With so many hotels located near Disney World, you can choose from a wide range of restaurants, shops, and bars that allow you to splurge or spend less depending on your needs and wishes.
Staying at a Disney World Hotel vs. a Good Neighbor Hotel
When planning a trip to Disney World, one important decision to make is whether to stay at a Disney World hotel or opt for a Good Neighbor hotel nearby. Both options have their advantages and considerations. Staying at a Disney World hotel offers the benefit of being immersed in the Disney magic throughout your entire stay. These hotels are themed, often offer exclusive perks like Extra Magic Hours, and provide convenient transportation to and from the parks.
On the other hand, Good Neighbor hotels, while not operated by Disney, are still located in close proximity to the parks and offer competitive rates. They provide a comfortable stay and sometimes offer shuttle services to the parks. The choice ultimately depends on your preferences, budget, and desired level of immersion in the Disney experience.
Benefits of staying at a Disney World Resort
- Extra Magic Hours – All hotel guests get early theme park entry. When you stay at a Deluxe resort or villa, you get extended evening hours also.
- Dining Plans are back! – You can add a dining plan which saves you up to 20% and can be used at over 200 dining locations
- Experience uniquely themed accommodations – see giraffes out your window at Animal Kingdom Lodge, stay in an overwater bungalow at the Polynesian Resort, or sleep in a Cars themed suite at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
- Resort activities – enjoy themed pools with slides, movie nights, Character Dining experiences and unique recreation activities depending on the theme of the hotel.
- FREE Parking is back! – overnight self-parking is complimentary to Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels at Walt Disney World Resort.
Benefits of staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel (Gateway Hotels)
You’ll find most Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels at three main locations which include Flamingo Crossings, Disney Springs, and Bonnet Creek. Each location offers unique benefits and proximity to different areas of Disney World.
Flamingo Crossings is a newer development located just outside the main entrance of Disney World, offering a range of modern and affordable hotels with convenient access to the parks. 6 ALL-suite hotels to choose from including Townplace Suites by Marriott and Homewood Suites by Hilton.
Disney Springs is a vibrant shopping and entertainment district with a variety of Good Neighbor Hotels, allowing guests to enjoy a lively atmosphere, diverse dining options, and easy access to the parks via complimentary transportation. These include Doubletree Suites by Hilton, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, and Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace. That means another great way to save is by using Hilton points to redeem a reward stay!
Bonnet Creek, situated adjacent to Disney property, offers upscale and luxurious Good Neighbor Hotels, providing a more tranquil setting while still being just a short distance away from the parks. These include Signia by Hilton Bonnett Creek, Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, and Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
Whatever location you choose, Good Neighbor Hotels provide a convenient and comfortable option for those seeking proximity to Disney World while offering a range of amenities and pricing options to suit different preferences and budgets.
- Convenient proximity to Disney World
- Competitive and affordable pricing
- Wide range of accommodation options to choose from
- Complimentary shuttle services to and from Disney World
- Access to nearby dining and entertainment areas, such as Disney Springs
- Flexibility to explore other attractions in Orlando
- Amenities including swimming pools, fitness centers, and on-site dining
- Focus on providing excellent customer service
- Great value for money
Top hotels near Disney World
Let’s explore some of the top hotels near Disney World that promise an enchanting stay and memorable experiences. These hotels have been carefully selected based on their exceptional amenities, convenient locations, and positive guest reviews. From luxurious resorts to family-friendly options, there is something to suit every traveler’s preferences and budget. Get ready to discover the magic of these top hotels and make your Disney World vacation truly extraordinary.
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort (Bonnet Creek)
If you’re looking for a luxurious stay near Disney World, the Four Seasons Resort Orlando is an excellent choice. This five-star resort boasts stunning park views from select rooms, allowing guests to immerse themselves in the enchantment of Disney World. The chic suites are designed with elegance in mind, featuring private terraces and/or free-standing tubs for a truly indulgent stay.
- Culinary delights: Multiple on-site restaurants and bars offer a range of dining options, including a rooftop steakhouse restaurant and a refined Italian eatery.
- Ultimate relaxation: Guests can unwind at the resort’s 13,000 sq. ft. spa for a truly relaxing experience.
- Recreational activities: The resort provides a golf course, fitness center, and tennis courts for guests to enjoy various activities.
- Water park excitement: Guests can experience the thrill of the resort’s water park, featuring a lazy river and exhilarating waterslides.
Expect to pay $1,000+ per night with peak Spring Break pricing at almost double that.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
For a truly immersive Disney experience, the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is a top choice. This Victorian-style resort offers elegant rooms, character dining experiences, and a variety of Disney-inspired amenities, including a full-service spa and a private beach. The resort is located on the monorail line, which provides easy access to Magic Kingdom and other parks.
- Stunning views: Some rooms at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offer picturesque lagoon or theme park views, providing guests with a delightful visual experience.
- Spacious suites: The 1- and 2-bedroom suites feature separate living rooms, offering ample space and comfort for guests to relax and unwind.
- Club-level accommodations: Guests staying in the Club-level quarters enjoy access to a private lounge, providing exclusive services and amenities throughout their stay.
- 24/7 room service: The resort offers round-the-clock room service, ensuring that guests can indulge in delicious dining options at any time.
Expect to pay $700+ per night during off-peak times.
Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
The Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace is a family-friendly hotel that offers excellent amenities and convenient location. The hotel features spacious rooms, a variety of dining options, and a large pool complex with a lazy river and waterslide. The hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service to all Disney parks.
- Prime Location: Just a mile from Walt Disney World and 4 miles from Epcot, with a 5-minute walk to Disney Springs.
- Sophisticated Rooms: Featuring flat-screen TVs, minifridges, coffeemakers, and Wi-Fi. Many rooms have balconies with park views and some offer fireworks views. Suites have separate living areas.
- Dining Options: Four restaurants, including a classic American bar and grill, and a poolside bar.
- Recreation and Amenities: Three heated outdoor pools, a health club, access to Disney’s golf courses, and a theme park shuttle service.
Expect to pay as little as $145 per night during off-peak times.
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
For a budget-friendly option near Disney World, the Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area is an excellent choice. This hotel offers comfortable rooms, a variety of dining options, and a convenient location within walking distance of Disney Springs. The hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service to all Disney parks.
- Modern Rooms: The hotel offers modern rooms equipped with amenities such as desks, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, minifridges, and tea/coffeemakers. Suites provide additional space with separate living areas and sofa beds.
- Family-Friendly Policy: Children aged 19 and under can stay with an adult for no charge, making it a great choice for families.
- Dining Options: Guests can enjoy dining at the on-site restaurant where kids 12 and under eat free. There is also a cocktail bar for guests to relax and unwind.
- Amenities: The hotel offers an outdoor pool and a games room, providing entertainment options for guests. Additionally, there are business and fitness centers, conference facilities, and paid parking available for guests’ convenience.
Expect to find deals as low as $115 per night.
Hotel amenities and features
When choosing a hotel near Disney World, you should really think about the experience that you want to have. For many people, a trip to Disney World is a once in a lifetime experience, so tailor it to what matters most to you within budget. Some of the key amenities to look for include:
- Shuttle Service
Many hotels near Disney World offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the parks. This can save you time and money and allow you to spend more time enjoying the parks.
- Pool Complex
A great pool complex can be a welcome retreat after a long day in the parks. Look for hotels that offer multiple pools, waterslides, and other fun features.
- Dining Options
Food is a big part of the Disney experience, and many hotels near Disney World offer a variety of dining options, from quick-service restaurants to fine dining experiences.
- Themed Rooms
If you’re looking for a truly immersive Disney experience, look for hotels that offer themed rooms. From princess-themed rooms to pirate-themed suites, there are endless options for adding a touch of Disney magic to your stay.
Budget hotels near Disney World
If you’re planning a trip to Disney World on a budget, there are several hotels near Disney World that offer affordable rates without sacrificing quality. Some of the best budget-friendly options include:
Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando– Disney Springs Resort Area
The Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando is a low-key hotel with convenient amenities. Here are the key features of this hotel:
- Convenient Location: Located just 0.5 miles from Disney Springs and a 5-minute walk from the gates of Walt Disney World®.
- Comfortable Rooms: The unfussy rooms are equipped with amenities such as furnished balconies (some with Disney views), flat-screen TVs, coffeemakers, minifridges, and iPod docks. Upgraded deluxe rooms offer additional features like microwaves and pull-out sofas.
- Freebies: The hotel offers complimentary WiFi throughout the property and transportation to all Disney parks.
- Pool and More: Guests can enjoy the hotel’s two pools, including one for children. Other amenities include an official Disney store, a business center, and a fitness room.
- Dining Options: The hotel provides two restaurants for guests to dine at, as well as a convenience store with takeout options.
Expect to find deals as low as $120 per night during off-peak times.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
This value resort offers affordable rates and a fun, retro-themed atmosphere. The resort features large, colorful rooms and a variety of amenities, including a large pool complex and a food court.
- Location: Set along Hourglass Lake inside Walt Disney World, the resort is conveniently located within the park. It is 21 miles from Orlando International Airport.
- Colorful Nostalgia-Themed Resort: The resort showcases a colorful and nostalgic theme, celebrating pop culture from the 1950s to the 1990s.
- Cozy Rooms: The warmly decorated rooms offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and comfortable accommodations. Upgraded rooms provide views of the pool and courtyard. Room service is available.
- Complimentary Amenities: Guests can enjoy a range of complimentary amenities including outdoor movies, parking, and shuttle services to the airport and theme parks.
- Quirky Outdoor Pools: The resort features three quirky outdoor pools, including one with a bar, providing a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests.
- Additional Amenities: Other amenities include a food court for dining options, a video arcade for entertainment, coin-operated laundry facilities for convenience, and bike rentals for exploring the area.
Depending on package deals and off-peak days, you may find deals as low as $120 per night.
Disney’s All-Star Resorts
These include the All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, and All-Star Movies resorts, which are Disney World’s most budget-friendly resorts. You’ll experience comfortable rooms and a fun, themed atmosphere. Each resort has its own unique theme, from movies to music, and offers a variety of amenities, including pools, dining options, and arcade games.
Expect to find deals as low as $100 per night.
Tips for booking a hotel near Disney World
When booking a hotel near Disney World, there are several things to keep in mind to ensure that you have the best vacation experience possible. Some tips to consider include:
Hotels near Disney World can fill up quickly, especially during peak seasons. To ensure that you get the hotel and room type that you want, book your stay as early as possible.
Consider Transportation Options
While many hotels near Disney World offer complimentary shuttle service to the parks, it’s important to consider other transportation options as well. Depending on your budget and preferences, you may want to consider renting a car or taking a taxi or Uber to the parks.
Check for Discounts
Many hotels near Disney World offer discounts for AAA members, military personnel, and Florida residents. Be sure to check for discounts before booking your stay to save money on your vacation.
5 Ways to Save on your Disney World Vacation
- Off-Peak Travel: Consider visiting Disney World during off-peak seasons when ticket prices and hotel rates tend to be lower. This can result in significant savings and less crowded parks.
PRO TIP: Check the days AFTER a holiday for some of the lowest rates during that time.
- Discounted Tickets and Packages: Look out for discounted tickets and vacation packages offered by authorized sellers, travel agencies, or through special promotions. These can provide substantial savings on park admissions, accommodations, and even dining.
PRO TIP: Did you know that planning ahead with a Disney package can help make it more affordable because of exclusive inclusions and affordable payment plans?
- Bring Your Own Snacks and Water: Disney World allows guests to bring their own snacks and water into the parks. Packing your own snacks and refillable water bottles can help you save on food costs and stay hydrated throughout the day. You’ll find plenty of places to stock up locally, such as Walgreens, CVS, ALDI, Publix, and Target.
- Disney Dining Plan: Consider opting for the Disney Dining Plan if you plan to dine at table-service restaurants and character dining experiences. The dining plan can offer savings and convenience by prepaying for your meals. Keep an eye out for specials throughout the year for extra savings that include the dining plan, this happens occasionally.
- Tours: Take advantage of private tour options when you can. They may seem to add extra cost, but the value is in the efficient use of time, creating a more magical experience.
Transportation options to and from Disney World
Getting to and from Disney World is easy thanks to a variety of transportation options. Some of the most popular transportation options include:
Complimentary Shuttle Service
Book a hotel with shuttle service included, but also be prepared for additional waits at peak times. When staying at a Disney resort, it might be best to plan to skip out before the fireworks in order to beat the crowds or linger till you’re the last person, you’ll just be waiting anyway.
The monorail is a popular transportation option at Disney World that provides easy access to Magic Kingdom and other parks. Several hotels near Disney World are located on the monorail line, which makes getting to the parks even easier. If you want to stay on the monorail line, then these are the hotels for you:
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Renting a car is a convenient option for getting to and from the Disney World Resort, as well as exploring other parts of Orlando. Many rental car companies offer pick-up and drop-off service at the airport, which makes renting a car even easier. We recommend Budget and Avis as our favorites.
Disney Bus Transportation
A complimentary transportation service provided by Disney World to help guests navigate the vast resort property. Here are some key points about Disney Bus Transportation:
- Extensive Coverage: Disney Bus Transportation offers transportation between Disney Resort hotels, theme parks, water parks, and Disney Springs.
- Convenient Schedules: Buses run frequently, with schedules designed to align with park opening and closing times.
- Comfortable and Accessible: Buses are air-conditioned and equipped with seating for guests of all ages and abilities, including wheelchair-accessible buses.
Minnie Van™ Service
Minnie Van™ Service is a unique and whimsical transportation option offered by Disney World. Here are key points about Minnie Van™ Service:
- Personalized Transportation: Minnie Van™ Service provides guests with a private and personalized transportation experience.
- Disney Cast Member Drivers: All Minnie Vans™ are driven by knowledgeable and friendly Disney Cast Members, ensuring a magical journey.
- Polka-Dot Style: The Minnie Vans™ are inspired by Minnie Mouse herself, featuring her iconic polka-dot design and a cheerful appearance.
- Convenient Accessibility: Minnie Van™ Service is accessible through the Lyft app, making it easy for guests to request a ride.
- Spacious and Comfortable: The vans can accommodate up to six passengers and are equipped with two versatile car seats for families with young children.
- Efficient and Flexible: Minnie Van™ Service offers efficient transportation within the Disney World Resort, including park-to-park transfers and transportation to and from the airport.
- Additional Amenities: Each Minnie Van™ is equipped with complimentary amenities such as phone chargers and sunscreen, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable ride.
Disney Water Transportation
Disney Water Transportation is a complimentary, charming, and scenic transportation option available at Disney World. Here are some key points about Disney Water Transportation:
- Multiple Watercraft Options: Disney Water Transportation includes various watercraft options such as ferries, boats, and water taxis.
- Connecting Disney Resort Hotels and Parks: The water transportation system connects Disney Resort hotels with theme parks and other select destinations, providing a unique and enjoyable mode of transportation.
- Relaxing and Scenic: Guests can sit back, relax, and enjoy the picturesque views while traveling across the waterways of Disney World.
- Accessibility: Many watercraft are wheelchair accessible, accommodating guests with mobility needs.
Dining options near Disney World hotels
When staying at a hotel near Disney World, there are plenty of dining options to choose from. Some of the best dining options near Disney World hotels include:
Disney Springs is a shopping and entertainment complex located near several hotels near Disney World. The complex offers a variety of dining options, from quick-service restaurants to fine dining experiences.
PRO TIP: As part of your Disney experience, be sure to check out the seasonal and special event treats offered at various venues in Disney Springs.
Our favorites to experience are:
- Amorette’s Patisserie
- Raglan Road
Many hotels near Disney World offer a variety of dining options, from casual cafes to upscale restaurants. Be sure to check out the hotel’s dining options before your stay to find the best options for your taste and budget.
Our favorites to experience are:
- Sanaa at Kidani VIllage (Animal Kingdom Villas)
- Sebastian’s Bistro (Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort)
- Pineapple Lanai (Polynesian Resort)
Theme Park Restaurants
Disney World is known for its delicious and unique dining options, and there are plenty of restaurants located within the parks. From character dining experiences to themed restaurants, there are endless options for satisfying your hunger while enjoying the parks.
Our favorites to experience are:
- Oga’s Cantina in Hollywood Studios
- Biergarten in Epcot
- Satu’li Canteen in Animal Kingdom
Enjoy the magic of Disney World from your nearby hotel
Staying at a hotel near Disney World is the perfect way to fully immerse yourself in the Disney experience. With so many hotels to choose from, it can be overwhelming to make a decision. However, by considering location, amenities, and budget, you can find the perfect hotel that will make your vacation unforgettable. So, pack your bags, put on your Mickey ears, and get ready to stay close to the magic at one of the top hotels near Disney World.