12 Fun Romantic Date Night Ideas in Orlando
Want to get out for a date night? Even though Orlando is well known for being family friendly, there’s plenty of places for romance too. Enjoy some arts, dancing, or music, even during a pandemic. Some of these are my favorite places for some outdoorsy, socially distanced fun and look what they’ve planned for Valentine’s Day in 2021. There are so many good options, but as always, stay safe, follow the rules and enjoy! Get ready to wander off the beaten path, none of the usual tourist destinations here. And there’s something for all budgets.
If you’re looking to pair it with a romantic hotel stay, check out my 5 favorite packages available right now.
Just a Reminder…
You’ll find a lot of links to various resources on this site, some of these links are affiliate links that pay me a commission at no extra cost to you. If you make a purchase through these companies, this supports the photos and tips that are provided to inspire you in your own travels.
Romance in Orlando
February 13, 2021 5 – 7pm FREE
Saturday Sounds Concerts – Beautiful Bobby Blackmon
At Home with Our Dream Date
Choose a location and schedule from $250.
Create a dream date night. Choose from themes, such as, English Countryside, French Country or Relaxed Bohemian (love it!) and more.
Cinemark Private Watch Party
Book your own private screening starting at only $99* — includes up to 20 guests.
Imagine snacking on popcorn, laughing with friends and family and enjoying your choice of one of our classic fan-favorites or new release movies in the privacy and comfort of your own auditorium. Book online easily & instantly – get started below.
For Gaming Lovers – Cinemark Private gaming party
Host a private big-screen video game party for up to 20 guests! Play on the ultimate, larger-than-life gaming screen with fast internet speeds, enormous movie-quality images and booming 5.1 surround sound technology. Get your game on in the privacy of your own auditorium using your own console and games. Only $99 for 2 hours of play!
Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive with Audio Tour
Perfect for some birdwatching and gator spotting on a quiet drive. Bring lunch and take your time.
Swan Boats are open from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily. $15 for 30 minutes
Stroll around the park, hop in the swan boats, have a picnic or get lunch/dinner nearby.
Feb 14, 2021 7:30pm
Outdoor Valentine’s Movie Night – When Harry Met Sally $6/adults $3/children (4 – 17)
Runs February 17 – March 21, 2021.
Josephine is a brilliant, one-woman tour de force that celebrates Josephine’s life journey, while highlighting her most famous acts, from songs like “Blue Skies” and “La Vie en Rose,” to the dance routine that established her stardom, the danse sauvage, also known as the banana dance. (I have to tell you that I cannot wait to see this!)
Southern Hill Farms
February 12 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm. $7.50/person
Valentine’s Outdoor Movie Night – Dirty Dancing
Watch the sunset from the rooftop deck, sip local craft beer and wine, and shop the southern hill market full of handmade goodies. Bring a blanket or chairs to enjoy the movie on the lawn.
An Adventurous Day Trip
Zip the Canyons (not really Orlando but not too far either)
Horseback Ride Fireside – Level 2: 6:30-7:30-Fireside at the lake $60.00 pp/plus tax
Travel by tram to our beautiful lakeside setting. Sip on a glass of wine (or alternate beverage) and eat gourmet chocolate or smores while relaxing around the fire in Big Cliff Canyon.
Night Zipline Tour – $89.99/person plus tax
Tour takes you through 5 ZIP LINES and 2 SKY BRIDGES
PLEASE ALLOW ABOUT 1.5 HOURS FOR THIS TOUR.
Romance at Home
Maybe, you’re more interested in quiet romance at home. Here’s some ideas to set the stage:
- If you have children and no babysitter, you only have a few options.
- There’s the electronic babysitter (tablet/tv) in a kid safe zone.
- Wear them out so they fall asleep early.
- Let them join, incorporate them in your quiet time plans including a special desert, movie, craft, game or whatever works best for your family. The point is to remember to celebrate love, feel loved and share it.
- If you have a patio, porch, or stoop, you can turn it into a romantic setting. Add a blanket, candles, wine or sparkling cider, rose petals, flowers, or whatever feels good to you. Sit and relax in this space you created. Watch the stars or the people.
- If it’s in your budget, you can find a projector and screen that connects to your phone or WiFi around $100. And now you have a private showing for half the cost of renting one.
- No blanket for the scene? Try a mandala tapestry or a sequin tablecloth for under $15.
- Transform your favorite “affordable” wine with a Love sticker or design your own.
- Make special ice for your drinks by adding berries to the ice tray before freezing or buy special trays – love these diamonds that come in a 4-pack for under $7! I add them to my drinks whenever I want to feel extra good just because. No one will ever say that I did not treat myself well in this life.