If you asked me what my favorite hobby is, it’s chasing sunsets. The only thing that is guaranteed to happen everyday and be different every single time no matter where you are. Sometimes, they don’t set your soul ablaze as much as their best days but if you need to see magic and have a reason to smile, it’s the cheapest therapy around.
Keep in mind that some links are paid affiliate links. When you buy through these links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Any opinions expressed are not impacted by this.
These are some of my favorite sunset captures from my travels all around Florida and a few outside of Florida.
Beautiful Places to Go Sunset Spotting
- Pondhawk Natural Area – Boca Raton, FL
- Cascades Park – Tallahassee, FL
- Key Largo, FL – Baker’s Cay Resort
- Mahogany Bay, Honduras
- Marseilles, FR – leaving Provence to Marseilles
- Mt. Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park – Mt. Pleasant, SC
- View from the 9th floor of Hilton Ocala – Ocala, FL
- North Beach Guana River Preserve – Ponte Vedra Beach
- Let’s Sail Away because cruising is my love. – Port Canaveral, FL
- Rent an electric boat at Channelside Plaza to cruise around Davis Islands and the Hillsborough River – Tampa, FL
- WDW whether you are at Epcot or the Magic Kingdom, there’s a beautiful sunset to be seen. – Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Yosemite National Park, CA
25 Brilliant Sunset Captions
“It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” — Bern Williams
“I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, the sound of the ocean, watching a sunset, the smell of rain, and starry nights.” — Brooke Hampton
“That was her magic — she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days.” — Atticus
“Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too.” — Beau Taplin
“Meet me where the sky touches the sea.” — Jennifer Donnelly
“Paradise is anywhere the sky looks pretty.”
Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” — Maya Angelou
“Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down.” — Ryu Murakami
“Let’s spend all of our sunsets together.”
“Sunset state of mind.”
“Peace is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank.”
“Softly the evening came with the sunset.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Sunset waits for no one.”
“I realized as I watched the sunset from my home that while I’d lived here all my life, I’d never been “here” before and could never be again.” – We Dream of Travel
“When the sky turns pink, it’s time for a drink.”
“Sometimes, the only thing you can afford to watch is a sunset.”
“I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.”
“If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.”
“She was in love with the sunset. No one else ever even stood a chance.”
“That crazy little sun of a beach.”
“Something beautiful is on the horizon.”
“Love the grand entrance that night must make every single day.”
“Live by the sun. Love by the moon!”
“Hey beautiful, you survived another day.”
I dedicate this to all the sunsets that my eyes captured when my camera could not. You were adored.
OUR FAVORITE TRAVEL TIPS & RESOURCES
We know how important it is to save money so we can have more to spend on the things we love.
Here are our favorite travel resources for saving money and planning your trips.
- Booking Flights: To compare flights and set price alerts, search on Google Flights or Momondo.
- Accommodations: We typically stay in mid-range or boutique hotels with loyalty programs. That way we earn ourselves free stays to help extend our vacations and getaways for free. Learn more about earning your free stays here. For vacation rentals, we prefer to book using VRBO (for the lower fees and better support than Airbnb, sorry, we’re not big fans of the alternative) You can also book vacation rentals on Hotels.com.
- Travel Insurance: We feel pretty strongly about this, travel insurance is a MUST for international trips, and if you still aren’t sure why, check out our Travel Horror Stories. We recommend comparing your options with Squaremouth , learn more here.
- Local Attractions: We utilize memberships to help us see more when we travel. NARM members get free or discounted access to reciprocal member Art museums, Arboretums, Historic Sites, and Nature Centers throughout North America. AHS reciprocal membership includes gardens throughout the U.S. and Canada. ASTC membership gives reciprocal access to Science Centers and Museums. America the Beautiful National Parks Pass allows entry into National Parks for $80 annually. You could spend less than $300 for all 4 memberships depending on your local museums and have access to hundreds of museums, parks, and gardens. Memberships often pop up on Groupon so always look there first.
- Save more with loyalty programs, read how to get more free flights and hotels here.